Systems Engineer - CMB+
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a Systems Engineer. This role is based in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and will support our customer, Product Realization Directorate (PRD).
Successful candidate will provide Systems Engineering knowledge and experience as a contributor to an engineering and management team providing the C5ISR Center with Engineering and Technical Support (ETS) for production/manufacturing and sustainment engineering, testing, and product quality assurance efforts for various Communications-Electronics (C-E), Intelligence Warfare (IW), Sensors, and Intelligence Operations (IO) weapon systems and associated equipment.
- Provide engineering support to the assigned customer in identifying, applying, and managing weapon systems’ contract test requirements to ensure compliance with the system’s design performance specifications, requirements and their associated final acceptance test procedures.
- Define applicable test methodologies, schedules, and resources (e.g., support personnel, GFP/GFE, support equipment), as well as reliability program planning, and execution for each assigned weapon system program.
- Support the execution of prototype and production fabrication and systems integration planning, execution, and assessments.
- Support efforts to resolve system problems/failures encountered in the field, conducting technical assistance visits, developing engineering solutions, implementing identified solutions through the supply chain, and managing the update of the weapon systems product and logistics data accordingly.
- Support engineering cost estimation and analysis.
- Support systems technology transfer and Science & Technology (S&T) activities, to include technology insertions and interaction with both the Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) and the user community in support of the PM.
- Support the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) activities of the program.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum BS Engineering Degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- At least 7 years related experience
- Must possess expertise and experience with Condition-Based Maintenance Plus (CMB+)
- Detail-oriented with technical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers, customers, and co‐workers