Design and Program Quality Engineer
SRC is seeking a Design and Program Quality Engineer to support our defense contracting work, in our Syracuse, NY headquarters.
- Analyze proposals, program or product requirements and prepare responsive quality plans, procedures, and resource allocations to assure optimum quality support.
- Ensure implementation of a quality program that satisfies the requirements of the Customer, Program or Product Quality Plans and the Quality Management System,
- Work with product development teams and other functional leads in the execution of program or product realization throughout the program or product lifecycle through contract review, quality planning, audit execution.
- Work with product development teams and monitor the execution of the product development phase/gate process.
- Work with product development teams in requirement development, elicitation and flowdown to the design group and ensure Design for Manufacturing, Test, Usability, etc. is effectively done per process.
- Work with product development teams in architecture definition, design reviews and test planning throughout the program or product lifecycle.
- Work with product development teams in verification and validation of software and hardware development through various oversight activities throughout the program or product lifecycle.
- Act as the main customer and management interface in resolving customer quality issues, necessary notifications while driving root cause and corrective actions on process and product quality issues.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and supplier quality assurance as needed. Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming material, prepares documentation for end-items, CDRL reviews. Develop subcontractor surveillance and supplier performance needs to minimize supply chain impacts.
- Review and approve engineering, manufacturing, test documentation and provide input to assure that appropriate quality requirements are addressed, implemented and verified.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline (electrical engineering preferred), computer science, mathematics, or statistics or similar field
- Six or more years of related work experience
- At least three years of experience in systems engineering, digital signal processing or RF design is a plus.
- Experience in the design and development of complex radar, communication, and/or electronic warfare systems, including system-of-systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in dynamic, highly diverse, cross discipline teams,
- Strong communication skills (written verbal, visual), interpersonal skills, (listening, group facilitation), able to persuade, motivate or energize others at all levels of the organization.
- Background in highly complex electromechanical products with defense related requirements in designing and manufacturing products or executing programs.
- Experience in defense electronics contract environment
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.