Junior Systems Engineer
SRC, Inc. is seeking a junior systems engineer. This position is part of a team of SETA supporting in the mission operations (MO) group. The position will have various SE assignments related to the integration of additional capabilities into the operational baseline and other activities in support of the customer MO office. In particular this position has responsibilities assisting the government in their management of a O&M contractor performing 24x7 operations for a critical intelligence mission. This includes supporting daily stand-up meetings, supporting problem report investigations or working on anomaly teams to drive out root cause for mission outages, understanding O&M schedules for maintenance and other critical operations.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together, so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower-level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent) with 2 - 5 yrs of relevant experience or a Master's with 0 - 2 yrs of experience. Four years of additional relevant (space/satellite communications systems acquisitions) experience can be substituted.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with moderate supervision
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be proactive and forward leaning.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with Commercial/Government acquisition or operations of satellite/ground segment hardware/software or satellite based special communications field set hardware/software.
- Experience with RF based satellite communications.
- Basic understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing and processing segment hardware/software systems and waveform development
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.