SRC, Inc. is looking for a component engineer and librarian to help minimize component and design risk across our product lines. The successful candidate will work with engineering, quality, procurement, and manufacturing, providing support for new and existing radar and electronic warfare system designs. This will be achieved via schematic symbol and artwork l library management, helping manage this library integration with our PLM system, as well as component reviews, maintenance and engineering changes.
- Work with engineering, quality, procurement, and manufacturing leadership to establish component engineering processes and associated training at SRC
- Implement risk management strategies to address obsolescence and proactively identify and address future obsolescence
- Review design BOMs and conduct part lifecycle analysis and collaborate with engineering & procurement to develop strategies to minimize supply chain risk
- Monitor / manage component obsolescence per internal processes utilizing the Silicon Expert tool.
- Resolve Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and End of Life (EOL) component issues
- Create/review schematic symbols and layout decals/parts for components used in all phases of design maturity (development, product support, parts obsolescence).
- Standardize and manage the Mentor Graphics tools suite library and its integration with SRC tools.
- Participate in schematic design reviews; will be the gate keeper to ensure symbols are vetted and maintained in the library and ensure re-usability by the HW group.
- Involved in artwork design reviews; will be the gate keeper to ensure parts/decals are vetted and maintained in the library and ensure re-usability by the HW group.
- Help develop the integration between the Mentor Tools suite library and PLM system, streamlining the part selection/BOM creation process.
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation and recommend test strategies for re-qualification
- Implement component related problem reporting and design changes working closely with hardware engineering staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical discipline with 3+ years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, experience (either military or civilian).
- Demonstrate aptitude for communication, collaboration and cooperation with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience with SiliconExpert and similar tools and be able to leverage data and policies to provide proactive lifecycle information
- Experience with Mentor Graphics or similar schematic capture and board layout tools is desired.