Position Title: packer 1
location: carton room Deparment
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Packer 1 is an entry level position with primary responsibility of inspecting and packing the finished products by ensuring products meets the quality specifications. Additionally, the responsibility of this role is to ensure instructions are in compliance with company policy and customer specifications. Report directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Perform the packaging activities as instructed.
- Verify product quality accordance to product specifications.
- 100% visual inspection on retail boxes ensuring that:
- The retail box is raised straight and the label is placed in the correct position with the right information as per the specification.
- The box is completely sealed without visible glue, clean and free of dust or dirt.
- Place the retail boxes in the shipper as per the specification.
- At the beginning of each new job verify/ensure that it is being used the right shipper as per the specification.
- Visual inspection of the roll label to make sure it has the correct quantity.
- Place rolls in a clear polybag and then in the shipper.
- Verify the labels traceability information before placing in the shippers: product code, lot number, expiration date, etc.
- Making certain that the label is placed in the correct place as per the specification.
- Inform QC and Supervisor of any observed process deficiencies and product defects or abnormalities.
- Separate all non-conforming products during packing.
- Bring in and return packaging materials as jobs required.
- Clean airlocks, floor, and areas around the machine’s surfaces, bins and others areas of the Carton Room as assigned by the Supervisor and following the cleaning instruction.
- Complete paperwork for your production (Pallets Ticket/ EFM/ pick list etc.).
- Verification of Line Clearance activities as defined by applicable instructions.
- Print, verify and approve the label as per required by the instructions.
- Able to use the IQS and BarTender systems.
- Receive and return material from the warehouse.
- Operates the packaging machines as required by the production.
- Verify the materials according with the job traveler.
- Operates weighting scales making certain that correct amount of product is packed into the retail boxes as per the EPK’s.
- Conform to all safety procedures.
- Moving pallets in and out from Carton Room to the Warehouse.
- Move; push/pull the raw material, carts, equipment and containers.
- This position requires covering and/or interchanging between day and night shift (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
- This position requires working on weekends as per business needs.
- Support Z-Fold process according with the job traveler
- Support Clean Room packaging process according to specifications.
- Support Mixing Room according to specifications.
- Support Print Department process according to specifications.
- Support others departments as assigned.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving and decision making.
- Self-motivated to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and apply the information contained on technical documentation or procedures.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- 1-year hands-on experience in a production environment
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
- Basic computer skills using Word and Excel.
- Physically capable performing tasks associated with the responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and hear.
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- 1- 3 years hands-on experience in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in training personnel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, electronics and other light industrial equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. For certain tasks, lifting equipment is provided, as is eye, ear, and toe protection.
Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1,800lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]