Position Title: Mechanical tradesperson
location: munising, mi
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries through our family of business-to-business and consumer product brands. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging and more. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Munising, MI facility is seeking a skilled Mechanical Tradesperson to be part of a Maintenance Team that supports paper machines, off line coating/saturating lines, and general mill needs. The position coordinates closely with the Paper Department and Specialties Department teams as customers of the Maintenance Department. The position reports to the Maintenance Manager. This is an hourly paid position that initially works a rotating shift schedule. Ideal candidate has the attitude, initiative, and excellent skills to support Mativ’s collaborative, high-achievement culture.
Munising is located on the southern shore of Lake Superior and is surrounded by protective hillsides and picturesque Munising Bay. Munising is the gateway to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Hiawatha National Forest, Grand Island Recreation Area, numerous waterfalls, and a host of other natural wonders, all in close proximity. You will be able to discover year-round recreational opportunities such as biking, hiking, boating, ice fishing, skiing and snowmobiling.
Mativ offers an attractive benefit package to all full-time employees which includes incentive pay, 401(k), pension, on-site fitness center, medical, dental, vision and group life.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are maintained in a preventative fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment and troubleshoot problems while applying theory and related knowledge to install, rebuild, or repair equipment as needed
- Assist with all service calls while on duty
- Ensure all required tools, parts and supplies are available for each job performed, complete required service records and be responsible for recommending and/or initiating equipment modifications and/or replacement of components
- Responsible for understanding, maintaining and troubleshooting
- A minimum of 4 years experience
- Journeyman card and/or state license preferred
- Preference will be given to individuals with advanced millwright, pipefitter, mechanic, machinist, and/or carpenter experience in an industrial environment
- Be willing to work rotating shifts/overtime
- Possess technical/problem solving skills
- Contribute in a team environment to meet our business objectives
- Or, any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Tradespeople will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed for themselves and by others working in and around the machinery
- All injuries and near misses being reported and followed up in a timely manner
- Housekeeping standards and expectations are maintained
- Providing leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Following all safety procedures such as Lockout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Participate in crew discussions (both within maintenance and with operations) prior to major events, e.g. down days, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to work seven (7) days per week when required
• Ability to work sixteen (16) hours per day when required
• Ability to work shifts
• Ability to respond to call-ins at any time of day or night
• Ability to maintain acceptable attendance
• Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
• Ability to bend, kneel, squat and stoop
• Ability to read and understand instructions, procedures, and equipment training manuals
• Ability to accurately read and record data
• Ability to climb stairs and work from steps, ladders, scaffolds, mobile lifts and elevator platforms
• Ability to operate/use manual and powered material handling equipment such as a pickup truck, hand dolly, chain fall, chain hoist, electric hoist, tractor, truck and heavy equipment as needed
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures when necessary
• Ability to work in enclosed spaces when necessary
• Ability to work on and around moving equipment
• Ability to lift/move weights of up to fifty (50) pounds
• Ability to go out of town over night for training
• Ability to learn and utilize PC based systems
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].