Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Journeyman
Position Title: Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Journeyman
location: Whiting, WI
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Mativ has immediate openings for Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Journeyman at our Whiting Mill facility located in Stevens Point, WI. Process Maintenance is part of a maintenance team that supports the paper machines, converting lines, and general mill needs. We are adding a static 12-hour night shift to our structure so are looking to fill openings in the following areas: 8-hour day shift with call-ins as necessary or 12-hour night shift.
The ideal candidate must have a safety mindset with a can do attitude and initiative.
Mativ offers an attractive benefit package to all full-time employees which includes paid vacation, medical, dental, company paid vision, company paid life and AD&D insurance, incentive pay, 401(k) and company match. We offer competitive compensation with the ability to bank call time along with vacation credit provided for experienced candidates.
- Ensure that manufacturing and converting processes are maintained in a preventative fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment and troubleshoot problems while applying theory and related knowledge to install, rebuild, or repair equipment as needed
- Assist with all service calls while on duty and take call ins as necessary to ensure production operation
- Ensure all required tools, parts and supplies are available for each job performed, complete required service records and be responsible for recommending and/or initiating equipment modifications and/or replacement of electrical components
Responsible for understanding, maintaining and troubleshooting:
- General electrical systems and controls (motor starters, lighting circuits, power distribution equipment, industrial controls)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (Rockwell Control Logix)
- Variable speed AC & DC drives and motors
- Process instrumentation and control (transmitters, control valves, control loops and DCS)
- Process variable monitoring and control (temperature, pressure, flow, PH, etc.)
- Analytical process troubleshooting including electrical print reading and using troubleshooting manuals
Essential Job Functions include:
- Ability to respond to call-ins as necessary
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to bend, kneel, squat and stoop
- Ability to read and understand instructions, procedures, and equipment training manuals
- Ability to accurately read and record data
- Ability to climb stairs and work from steps, ladders, scaffolds, mobile lifts and elevator platforms
- Ability to operate/use manual and powered material handling equipment such as a pickup truck, hand dolly, chain fall, chain hoist, electric hoist, tractor, truck and heavy equipment as needed
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures when necessary
- Ability to work in confined spaces when necessary
- Ability to work on and around moving equipment
- Ability to lift/move weights of up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to learn and utilize PC based systems
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Journeyman card and/or state license
- Preference will be given to individuals with advanced mechanical or electrical/instrumentation education and experience in an industrial environment
- Be willing to work overtime along with call ins as required
- Possess technical/problem solving skills
- Contribute in a team environment to meet our business objectives
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].