Position Title: Operator 1
location: Cleanroom Deparment
The Laminator Operator 1 primary responsibility is to operate at least two (2) assigned laminators according to the product specifications by maintaining low scrap rate of less than 18%. Maximize the raw material changes and reduce change over time. Report directly to the Production Team Leader.
- Operate at least two (2) assigned laminators according to the product specifications by maintaining low scrap rate of less than 18%.
- Maximize the raw material changes and usage to achieve the production objective.
- Perform the laminators change over, set up and cylinder verification as established by the Standards Operating Procedures.
- Sort product defects to verify product quality in order to adjust the laminator accordingly. And support other processes if it is needed as roller or packing process.
- Accurately complete the lot number route card, cylinder logs and any required paperwork.
- Ensure Laminator, tools and area around the laminator remains clean according to specifications. Operator is to follow cleaning activities as described in the cleaning procedure that includes carts, bins, containers, production areas, etc.
- Listen and address product quality observations made from laminator team members.
- Notify the Production Team Leader and team members if anything deviates from specifications.
- Interact and communicate to the Technical Department any request for maintenance and keep organized all documents related with the maintenance request.
- Work with cross-functional teams on development or improvement of SOP, test specifications, and manufacturing projects assigned by the Shift Team Leader or Production Manager.
- Receive and Return material from the warehouse.
- Conform to all Safety procedures.
- Move; push/pull the raw material, carts, equipment and containers.
- This position requires covering and/or interchanging between day and night shift (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
- This position requires working on weekends as per business needs.
- Verify the materials according with the job traveler.
- Support Z-Fold process according to the specifications
- Support Carton Room packaging process according to specifications.
- Support Mixing Room process according to specifications.
- Support Print Department process according to specifications.
- Support others departments as assigned.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving and decision making.
- Self-motivated to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and apply the information contained on technical documentation or procedures.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- 1-year hands-on experience in a production environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
- Basic computer skills using Word and Excel.
- Able to speak, write and read English. Bilingual in Spanish.
- Physically capable performing tasks associated with the responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and hear.
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Mechanical and technical working experience
- Technical degree.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, ISO, and FDA regulations a plus.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, electronics and other light industrial equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. For certain tasks, lifting equipment is provided, as is eye, ear, and toe protection.
Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1,800lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].