- Conduct self and job tasks in a safe manner following proper work procedures.
- Perform and document inspections.
- Monitor and stock operating supplies as needed or directed, cores, pallets, wrap, etc.
- Move rolls from Machine, Calender and Rewinder areas
- Collect scrap and waste from process to bale
- General housekeeping
- Assist the Rewinder crew in preparing production materials
- Keep work area and machinery clean, neat, organized and free of any safety hazards.
- 1 Year Machine Operating experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude required
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to work shiftwork and weekends as needed
- Ability to work twelve (12) hours or more per day when needed
- Ability to respond to call-ins at any time of day or night when needed
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to bend, kneel, squat and stoop
- Ability to read and understand instructions, procedures, and equipment training manuals
- Ability to accurately read and record data
- Ability to climb stairs, steps, ladders, scaffolds, mobile lifts and elevator platforms
- Ability to operate/use manual and powered material handling equipment such as hand dolly, chain fall, chain hoist, electric hoist, fork truck
- Ability to learn and utilize computer-based systems
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].