PM Coating Assistant
- Utilizing specified materials, cleans coating machine, as directed, for process preparation and to ensure the product quality to specification.
- Prepares raw materials (adhesive, solvents, additives, and liners) for use in the coating process at the assigned machine.
- Is properly trained in the use of various material handling equipment (lift trucks, hoists, platform trucks, etc.) as needed to properly move and position these materials for the product to be processed. Uses safe lifting practices. Heavy lifting/movements are involved.
- Confirms the job work order and product process sheets complies with the material set-up to be processed at the machine. Must enter data information into the computer system and to insure inventory accuracy for each job.
- Alerts shift supervisor to any quality issues or machine malfunction.
- Responsible for cell housekeeping and assists with general department housekeeping, as required. Organizes the work station to maximize efficiency.
- Promotes teamwork.
- Completes all necessary adjustments and fine tunes equipment to achieve.
- Displays attributes in line with Scapa’s 10 Guiding Principles.
- Ensures that all aspects of the operation perform in accordance with ISO Procedures.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs to enhance manufacturing processes.
- Assist the department as required.
- Flexibility to support other roles and other duties, as assigned.
- Assist Coating Operators on all tasks.
- Requires a high school diploma, (or equivalent G.E.D).
- Fluency in English both verbal and written, basic math and reading skills, mechanical aptitude and the ability to accurately use all measuring devices.
- Must have good computer skills for data entry.
- Manufacturing Experience & exposure to machines
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed indoors in a manufacturing setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, and moving machines/equipment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing protection, safety glasses, goggles, or shields, cut gloves). This position requires the use of a respirator.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].