- Lead, coach and motivate a technical team to ensure high quality products are produced safely and cost effectively through maximizing equipment efficiency and continuous improvement techniques.
- Facilitate 24-hour operation of a functional area with managerial support.
- Leverage LEAN Manufacturing principles and best practices.
- Effectively lead maintenance personnel establishing priorities based on current demands.
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Additional duties as assigned
High school/trade school diploma required with a minimum of 6 years related experience in the mechanical and/or electrical trades. Engineering degree with supervision experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA programs and practices.
- Possesses basic machinery/system technical troubleshooting skills and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Understands planning and scheduling techniques associated with asset care management.
- Familiarity with process control systems, mechanical systems and basic electrical systems, which includes the components of the various systems such as pumps, valves, timers, relays, drives, fans, etc.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]