IT Analyst II
Position Title: IT Analyst II
location: Windsor, CT
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Mativ is actively looking for an innovative and hardworking individual to join our growing Information Technology team. The IT Analyst II will work closely with our current infrastructure team and business users. Ideal candidates have the attitude, initiative, and excellent interpersonal skills to support Mativ’s collaborative, high-achievement culture. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. This individual responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and implements solutions.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems(imaging) and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks (Cisco Networks/WAN/LAN/Remote VPN Connections/Telephony)
- Provide end user support for new user set up systems or resolve issues
- Prioritize and manage multiple cases at 1st and 2nd level requests
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing, and solving hardware or software faults (replacing parts as required) for Dell/HP Server platform (physical and virtual)
- Source various IT equipment from suppliers
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and supporting password issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to Helpdesk requests
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with clients and colleagues
- Provide regular and frequent updates on project documentation
- Support the implementation of new projects/applications
- Search for opportunities for process improvement and take steps to bring about positive change which may include testing and evaluating new technology
- Purchase and manage PC's, printers, radio frequency scanners, local file/print servers, Active Directory server, network switches, routers, wireless access points, video conferencing and phone systems to maintain a stable IT infrastructure
- Demonstrate awareness and practice strong IT Security practices. (CIS CyberSecurity Framework) preferred
- Provide remote and on-site support for other US sites when required
- 3-5 years of professional experience working in IT OR a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, IT or another related field
- Microsoft, VMware, or Cisco certifications or IT qualifications would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of MS-Windows Server (2008-2012-2016-2019), Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows 10/11, MS-Exchange (basic knowledge), MS-Office 2007-2013-2016-2019/O365 and DHCP / DNS, Server RAID Configurations
- Anti-virus products, TCP-IP networking, basic network/Wi-Fi switching, telephony system knowledge and desktop printer management.
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft Teams Administration, SharePoint Online Administration, Azure A/D & SCCM.
- Cisco equipment, Firewalls, Wireless Access Points and Controllers
- Active Directory, DNS, Domain Controllers
- Knowledge of Cyber security best practices (i.e. CIS CyberSecurity Framework)
- Oracle/Java and Cisco / Meraki networking equipment, SD-WAN
- Approximately 20% travel to local facilities
- Experience with Bartender label printing
- Experience with Veeam Backup/Replication
- Proven experience and capability working with hardware troubleshooting with desktop and laptop computers.
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users.
- The ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Display a patient and methodical approach.
- Practice awareness of health and safety.
- Solution-focused and flexible to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Strong analysis, conceptual, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and curiosity to learn new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as on your own.
- Ability to travel for projects based on request.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with effective organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Typical work week is 40 hours. This is a busy and challenging role, working with varying levels of user from the factory floor to senior management. Some tasks may involve being on call and doing out of office hours’ work, including weekends occasionally. This position is based at the Windsor, CT Facility with some travel required to assist with support or projects at other locations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]