Quality Lab Technician
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to raw materials, finished product and packaging.
- Communicate product quality to production personnel so that timely corrective actions can be taken when necessary.
- Confirm to Quality Management that product quality testing is properly carried out.
- Work with production personnel to ensure that required quality control testing plans are completed and product that does not conform to specification are placed on HOLD for review and disposition by management.
- Work with production personnel on operational procedures to improve overall product quality, process efficiency and production yields.
- Run test equipment per documented procedures, including but not limited to: Test Duct, Fiber Finish Analyzer, Moisture Analyzer and Air Perm.
- Analyze nonconforming product, including customer product returns to identify source of defect.
- Function as an information source for production department when critical quality issues arise.
- Participate in training plant personnel on proper quality control and assurance procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Two years of mechanical quality testing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]