Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
We have an opportunity for a Machine Operator in our Filtration Division.
This is an outstanding opportunity for Warehouse Specialist who is passionate about working for a growing company. This position, located in our El Cajon, California site. The Machine Operator reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for the following:
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the full cycle of machine operation from set up to the end product.
- Responsible for maintaining, controlling, operating and performing maintenance tasks on a variety of machines
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Setup, Startup and shutdown of machines according to procedures
- Must be able to make offsets, work with multiple tooling, and various materials including metals
- Make adjustments to machine to meet specification of order
- Monitor and maintain production reports
- Check quality throughout shift using measuring tools like calipers, micrometers, height gage, bore gage, and groove micrometers.
- Ability to read blueprints and run job to order specifications
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed
- Maintain and lubricate machines
- Cross train on other machines and in other areas of the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and up to three years related experience or a combination of education and experience. Work experience in a machine shop or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to write
- Basic math skills
- Regularly required to use hands and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions
- Periodic lifting or moving of up to 50lbs
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]