Machine Operator 2nd Shift & 3rd Shift - SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $2750!
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We currently have exciting opportunities available on 2nd and 3rd shifts for Machine Operators in our Advanced Materials and Structures business. We offer competitive compensation (including a $2750.00 for 2nd and 3rd shift), shift differentials up to $2/hr, outstanding benefits package, 401K Plan with company match of up to 6%, and unlimited career growth opportunities.
The Machine Operator efficiently set ups and operates one piece of converting equipment, such as the Beck, Clark Aiken power cutter, and the industrial laminator to produce materials within specified tolerances and quality standards.
- Perform all duties necessary to set up, adjust and operate one or more pieces of equipment as listed above and, with some assistance, operate other equipment to convert materials to established specifications.
- Select proper job supplies and verify that placed material conforms to order requirements; load onto or off machine or equipment, using care to align properly to prevent waste and best utilize materials. Report discrepancies to lead person or Converting Supervisor.
- Transfer completed materials from the machine to skids, pallets, containers, etc. Repackage unused bulk stock to ensure proper storage and maintain cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Package or prepare materials for shipment. Tag or label materials with required information and complete work orders and records as required.
- Assist in the monitoring of required supplies, materials and equipment. Fill out inventory use slips for stock material used in the performance.
- Perform job within rated production standards. Provide feedback to the Converting Supervisor or lead person when production standards are exceeded.
- Follow and comply with rules and regulations of employment as listed in the Associate Handbook, or as amended through memos or other methods of notification.
- Ensure that all quality standards are met, tests performed, and data collection/documentation completed as required by the Internal Quality Program.
- May be assigned to perform other duties as required by the Converting Supervisor or lead person.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Understanding of basic math
- Ability to communicate (written and orally)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]