Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You'll Do: Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
YOU are essential.
In this role, you are responsible for selecting, installing, calibrating, and checking sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry, and develop specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Sketches and builds or modifies jigs, fixtures, and instruments and related apparatus, and verifies dimensional and functional acceptability of devices fabricated by craft or technical personnel.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Installs or directs technical personnel in installation of unit in test chamber or other test facility.
- Operates test apparatus during test cycle to produce, regulate, and record effects of actual or simulated conditions such as vibration, stress, temperature, humidity, pressure, altitude, and acceleration.
- Analyzes and converts test data to usable form and prepares graphs and written reports to translate test results.
- Plans test program.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with cascaded drive systems, ladder logic, AB PLCs, AB RS View 32, DC Drive systems, AC Vectored Drive Systems, Programming.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]