KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
Supervises the activities of the plant maintenance department. Assists, as needed, in performing the necessary tasks in maintaining, repairing, and installing machines and equipment to ensure the continuous operation of the production process and facilities equipment in support of the business plan. Assists, in selection and purchase of new and used equipment and vehicles. Assist, in selling equipment that is no longer used at Scapa North America. Includes coordinating efforts with the Facilities Manager in establishing and implementing preventive maintenance schedules for equipment, utility systems, and building and grounds. Ensures all maintenance programs are performed in accordance with all federal, state and municipal codes and company policies and procedures.
Requires at least five years’ experience in a factory maintenance environment, plus a concentration in at least two of the following areas: welding, pipefitting, machinist, or basic electrical skills. A two-year technical degree in a related discipline (job experience can be considered in lieu of degree). An Electro-Mechanical skill set will be an asset.
Note! This job requires being "on call" during nights and weekends, on a rotating basis.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reviews maintenance requests. Prioritizes and schedules general repairs and maintenance to equipment. Delegates work assignments to maintenance personnel. Ensures quality maintenance work is put forth by maintenance personnel.
- Works with various departments to plan, assist in design, and install production equipment. Uses various industry wide construction methods to build or recondition equipment. Where practical and feasible, fabricates replacement parts. Subcontracts manufacturing of parts when necessary.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Manager, coordinates and develops preventative maintenance schedules and procedures for all process and facilities equipment.
- Routinely maintains equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s and/or company specifications.
- Keeps accurate and detailed maintenance records/logs including, but not limited to, equipment calibration, modifications, installations, retro-fits, safety inspections, preventive maintenance, and any other related service required by the company, ISO Procedures, State and Federal guidelines.
- Provides technical instruction and training to production personnel on the use and safe operation of all new or modified equipment installed by the maintenance department.
- Maintains inventory of maintenance parts and supplies, generates purchase requisitions and orders replenishment inventory as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of and maintains departmental budget.
- Follows and enforces all shop safety rules. Maintains highest standard of housekeeping within the maintenance department. Immediately reports and corrects any and all safety hazards which exist throughout the operation. Enforces all safety rules, regulation, and procedures when engaged in performing maintenance tasks.
- May also serve as Emergency coordinator and/or Alternate. This includes coordinating an emergency response caused by a hazardous waste spill, environmental incident or fire.
- Assist in snow and ice removal when needed.
TYPES OF MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, RAW MATERIALS & SOFTWARE USED
Power tools, hand tools, Vernier caliper, welding equipment, gas torches, milling machine, forklifts, personal equipment, scissor lifts, lathe, micrometer, scales, tape measures, standard rigging equipment (chains, slings, jacks, hoists), air compressor, compressed air hoses, snow blowers, shovels, ice breakers and all other tools necessary to perform the job in a safe manner. Computers, as necessary, to program and trouble shoot equipment.
This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]