Senior Global Tax Analyst
Senior Global Tax Analyst
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Global Tax Analyst - International will be responsible for non-US and international US tax compliance and audit defense in accordance with jurisdictional regulatory filing requirements. He or she will also support global tax reporting in accordance with ASC 740 requirements. Whether the company is engaged in a merger or acquisition, maintaining compliance with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining a multi-national supply chain, the Senior Global Tax Analyst – International will concentrate efforts on global compliance, planning, reporting, and research matters.
- Coordinate the interface between the corporate tax department and its international and domestic subsidiaries (business units) on all non-US and international US tax matters: governance/compliance, tax expense and cash tax planning.
- Preparation and review of the global US quarterly and annual tax reporting in a Sub-chapter C and K environments including tax basis, attributes, and tax accounts in accordance with ASC 740 requirements.
- Provide the first line of review on global tax compliance, planning, reporting, and transfer pricing matters, including: processes, documentation, policies, internal controls, and valuations.
- Perform technical review of tax compliance with all international U.S. requirements in a timely and accurate manner to minimize potential for missed informational filings, achieve payment of the lowest lawful tax including quarterly estimates, foreign tax credit and earnings & profits and related tax pool calculations, and maintenance of tax basis, attributes, and uncertain tax positions.
- Compilation and status review of local country income tax return filing obligations, provision to tax return adjustments and tax authority audits including the use of outside consultants within this process.
- Assist with the transfer pricing calculations and analysis of inter-company cost recharges, tangible and intangible transactions and the implementation of global transfer pricing policies and contemporaneous documentation.
- Assist tax department leadership with the coordination of the execution of international US and local country tax planning opportunities, including earnings reinvestment and dividend planning and cash management.
- Monitor tax legislative changes and perform tax research and documentation necessary for international US and local country tax matters.
- Provide analysis and support for the U.S. international forms of any U.S. tax audits, local country audits and transfer pricing to ensure settlements and outside services reflecting the lowest overall costs to the company.
- Work with outside tax consultants on corporate tax reporting matters and compliance. Support global
- M&A, including pre-acquisition structuring analysis, due diligence documentation and post-acquisition integration.
- Collaborate on accounting, auditing and tax projects as needed under the direction of the tax department management.
- Adhere to sound business procedures and systems used by the Company to ensure that all tax reporting and management control requirements are met.
- Support the Company’s program for strong central financial control by reporting discrepancies in compliance of Corporate Financial Policies or Instructions with recommendations to ensure full compliance
- Work with Tax leadership to support identification of potential risks, root causes analysis and collaborate on recommended solutions to ensure sound tax technical, most efficient tax and regulatory risk impact.
- Communicate in writing and verbally with superiors, subordinates and others who have a need to know.
- Additional duties as required.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]