Customer Service Representative
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
Currently we have a need for a Customer Service Representative with the possibility to work from either our Minneapolis, MN or Middletown, DE locations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Serve customers, build relationships and ensure their satisfaction by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems; accurately processing, expediting orders consistent with customer requirements; ensuring accurate transactions and documentation within guidelines and regulations set forth by customer, local and foreign governments and SWM. Manage customer info, databases and issue reports.
- Answer timely order inquiries, shipping information, pricing and other requested information.
- If applicable, open customer accounts by recording account information for new customers and maintain customer records by updating account information as required.
- Maintain and enter all customer purchase order information into the order entry and invoicing system.
- Coordinate domestic, export or import shipments with customer requirements to facilitate prompt, economical delivery of products and promote customer satisfaction.
- Review orders entered to ensure correct prices and order information to eliminate the possibility of error.
- Expedite in-process orders to coordinate efficient Plant operations with customer requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with customers and encourage updated forecasts and future orders.
- Coordinate with all parties to ensure goods are in compliance with Customs, Tax and Legal obligations
- Collaborate to resolve product or service problems, immediately communicating to sales any complaint.
- Process authorized return of product and subsequent adjustments to provide customer with prompt credit and efficient resolution.
- Assure accurate pricing, discounts, rebates and commissions for each order where applicable.
- Retain records as required by law or SWM policy.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information where applicable.
- Communicate fully with all external and internal customers and suppliers including product availability, scheduled shipping dates, and any changes that might affect customer expectations. Be informative without being obtrusive. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of experience providing customer service in a B2B manufacturing environment or a combination of both education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills including ordering systems and standard Microsoft applications
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to actively problem solve through effective questioning
- Comprehension of logistics processes
- Comprehension of import/export transactions if assigned to foreign customers
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]