Global Planning Leader
Ideally, this position will reside near Minneapolis, MN, Middletown, DE or Atlanta, GA.
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Global Planning Leader in our Advanced Materials and Structures business.
The Global Planning Leader is responsible for ownership of the S&OP process and 90-day tactical planning for the business. The role will have leadership over demand planning and supply planning and will work closely with production scheduling.
- Leads planning group in North American and coordinates planning activities with other regions
- Oversees the development of long-range capacity planning models utilizing sales forecast, production capability and inventory
- Works with team to identify critical capacity bottlenecks in the short, medium and long-term planning horizons and recommends solutions to resolve bottlenecks
- Develops manufacturing plans to level load key production assets allowing for more efficient manufacturing runs and effective use of labor
- Ensures optimal inventory levels are established and managed to achieve desired customer service levels in a hybrid Make to Order and Make to Stock planning environment
- Maintains effective oversight and disposition of slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Coordinate with planners in other regions to balance supply and demand across regions while identifying optimum manufacturing locations for products
- Manage intercompany transactions with other regions to maintain continuous flow of material sources to and from other regions
- Oversees the analysis of inventory and supply issues for root causes and takes corrective actions to resolve
- Oversees and participates in the design, development, and implementation of planning systems. Coordinates the implementation of new software or system enhancements with IT
- Ensures accurate planning data in ERP system is maintained to drive effective use of systems tools for planning
- Maintains highly effective communications with all key stakeholders
- Up to 20% travel required both domestic and international
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Planning, Supply Chain or similar degree with 10+ years of progressive experience.
- APICS Certification or advanced degree highly desired
- Proven history of leading a successful S&OP, SIOP, or IBP process
- Strong technical knowledge of business management systems, standards and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of MRP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in other MS Office products
- Strong data retrieval and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and work cross functionally and across regions to influence others to achieve business results
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]