Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus!
We have an opportunity for you to join our team: Electrical/Instrumentation Technician
$1000 Sign On Bonus!
In this role, you will contribute your individual skills and talents to help advance the team to meet their full potential. To continue growing your skillset and career, training will be available to you along with the opportunity to utilize what you’ve learned through various assignments.
Devises, selects, sets up, and operates electronic instrumentation and related electromechanical or electrohydraulic apparatus used for operational and environmental testing of mechanical, structural, or electrical equipment, and translates test data for engineering personnel.
What you will do:
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Selects, installs, calibrates, and checks sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry, and develops specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Installs or directs outside contractors in installation and/or repair, upkeep of test apparatus.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical/trade school
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with cascaded drive systems, ladder logic, AB PLCs, AB RS View 32, DC Drive systems, AC Vectored Drive Systems, Programming
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts; proficient computer skills
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
We offer great BENEFITS and PERKS to help jump start your career:
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Incentive Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Competitive biweekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Retirement Plan with company match options
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States permanently.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]