AM Utility Operator
Position Title: utility operator
Job Family: production
Business Unit: industrial
Classificaiton: non exempt
location: windsor, ct
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
This role reports directly to the Converting shop supervisor and takes direction primarily from group leaders. The responsibilities of the role include core cutting, packaging, labelling and assisting slitting operators with setups and machine operation. Responsibilities may also include material movement with-in the department and regular inventory management/cycle count activities to assure a robust inventory control environment exists.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Supports converting department by performing all external activities associated with running a slitter which allows the operator to focus on maximizing machine uptime.
- Packaging slit roles per specification
- Placing finish packages on pallets in preparation for storing or shipping
- Create labels per specification
- Apply labels per specification
- Assist operator in cleaning the slitter for general cleanliness and in preparation of slitting medical product
- Assist operator in setting up slitters.
- Assist operators in running slitters.
- Move material within the department as required.
- Perform cycle counts activities to assure a robust inventory control environment.
- Perform other projects and tasks assigned by group leads and/or department supervisor.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have good organization skills
- Able to understand and follow written procedures
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in clean and orderly (5S)
- Computer literate
- Able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Provide flexibility when required, willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
Desirable Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- SAP, ERP experience
- Prior machine setup and operate experience
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Moderately clean Manufacturing environment.
- Periodic lifting not to exceed 30 lbs
- Long periods of standing
- Noise levels that require hearing protection
- Seasonally exposed to hot and or humid conditions
This job description has been approved by:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Date Documented Created:
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]