Title: Nurse Practitioner
Location: Oak Street Health, Burton: 3525 Saginaw Rd, Burton, MI 48529
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000 in Burton, MI*
*Wider range available depending on experience and location
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The purpose of a Nurse Practitioner at Oak Street Health is to provide effective and equitable value-based primary care to adults on medicare to keep them happy, healthy, and out of the hospital. Nurse Practitioners see patients independently and collaborate with physicians, depending on the patient’s specific situation. Nurse Practitioners provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps our patients understand and feel connected to their care plan.
Nurse Practitioners practice in our outpatient practices on a collaborative care team composed of a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant, medical assistants, a dedicated medical scribe, and support from registered nurses and care managers. We partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our healthcare providers can focus on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
- Provision of exceptional primary care.
- Conduct office visits for routine and acute issues.
- Administer Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation.
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, and agencies.
- Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team (e.g., making sure all eligible females get their evidence-based breast cancer screening every 2 years)
- Assisting the care team with phone triage and outreach.
- Educating patients on their health conditions, care plans, and treatments.
- Participating in Oak Street Health promotional activities.
- Conducting home visits as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This role reports to the Center Medical Director and works closely with operational leadership.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice, or NP Certificate Program graduate
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner through AANP or ANCC
- Active, non-probationary state Nurse Practitioner license
- Active DEA license
- US Work Authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
- Experience in primary care: internal medicine, geriatrics, or family medicine
- Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
- Passion for teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally
- Desires to be a part of an innovative model focused on empirically-guided population health
- Bilingual proficiency in applicable areas
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly bonus based on quality metrics
- 6 weeks of PTO, inclusive of vacation, sick time, major holidays, and continuing medical education (CME)
- $5000 CME stipend
- Tuition reimbursement
- Provided Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401K Investment, up to 4% company match, vested immediately
- Provided Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Opportunity to join the NEW Oak Street Health Partnership Track
- Dedicated Medical Scribe and Medical Assistant
- Relocation package on a case-by-case basis
*What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to “rebuild healthcare as it should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our patient’s communities and focused on the quality of care over the volume of services. We’re an organization on the move! With over 150 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody “Oaky” values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
- Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving health outcomes for medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match options
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education stipends
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.