Center Medical Director
Title: Center Medical Director
Location: Pittsburg, PA For a list of all applicable centers, see https://www.oakstreethealth.com/locations
The purpose of a Primary Care Physician at Oak Street Health is to provide equitable and effective value-based healthcare to local medicare patient populations at our innovative network of neighborhood primary care centers. Our Primary Care Physicians operate at a single medical center supported by large care teams so our providers can focus on delivering a better quality of care, rather than a volume of services. Our value-based care model and competitive bonuses are structured to reward outcomes, drive low hospital admissions, deliver preventive medicine, and result in an unmatched patient experience.
We’re looking for physicians who are intrinsically motivated to provide this kind of excellent care to older adults. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Highly qualified candidates may also be considered for a Center Medical Director position.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Assess and diagnose patients at our local clinics
- Oversee, direct, and administer primary care
- Prescribe and administer pharmaceutical treatments and medication
- Maintain Patient Electronic Medical Record data via canopy and greenway
- Collaborate with regional and central leadership to meet health quality goals
- Work with Practice Managers to direct and manage the center care team
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) Graduate
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Board Certification (Or board eligible)
- Active, non-probationary, unrestricted State License
- Active DEA license
- USA work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”*
- Fellowship training in Geriatrics
- Experience practicing medicine among Geriatric populations
- Experience operating in a Value-Based Healthcare Model
- Experience working in a collaborative setting to ensure positive health outcomes
- Experience in outpatient primary care settings
- Bilingual proficiency where applicable
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus based on quality metrics
- 6 weeks of PTO, inclusive of PTO, major holidays, and CME
- $5000 Continuing Medical Education stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Provided Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401K Investment, up to 4% company match, vested immediately
- Provided Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Dedicated Medical Scribe and admin assistance
- Relocation package on a case-by-case basis
*What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to “Rebuild healthcare as it should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our patient’s communities and focused on the quality of care over the volume of services. We’re an organization on the move! With over 150 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody “Oaky” values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
- Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving health outcomes for medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match options
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education stipends
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.