Principal/Lead Back End .Net Engineer, Software Engineering
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Lead/Sr. Engineer II, Software Engineer BE
The base salary offered will range between $65,300 - $160,000 and will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, other business and organizational needs, and if applicable, the location from which the applicant will be performing the job. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered such as bonuses, equity, etc.
The base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, other business and organizational needs, and if applicable, the location from which the applicant will be performing the job. The total compensation package for this position will may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Our product suite, lovingly known as Canopy, is a transformative clinical operations and population health platform for value-based primary care. Coupling a high-performance tech platform with machine learning-driven analytics, Canopy enables our clinical and service teams to provide excellent care to every single patient. From facilitating the delivery of a visit in our centers to supporting patients that have been admitted to a hospital, there is not a point in the patient journey that Canopy does not touch. At Oak Street Health, you will be influential in the development of innovative products that do more than just building scalable services. Everything you do will have an immediate impact on the health and wellbeing of our patients.
As a Software Engineer, you will have an impactful contribution in the delivery of a new kind of platform for healthcare, one built specifically for the clinical team. From design to implementation, you will partner with our stellar engineering, product, and design teams in a fast-paced, agile environment to transform ideas into a reality. Utilizing modern methodologies and open source tools, you will be empowered to push the boundaries of development as we seek to deliver applications that will directly and immediately impact the experience of our teams and our patients.
There is no better time to join our rapidly growing team at Oak Street Health. We can’t think of a mission any more motivating; and, with your help, we can drive change in healthcare for the patients that need us most.
- Contribute in all aspects of SDLC process( SCRUM, Design, Code, Test, Deploy & Maintain)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Improve overall code quality and maintainability
- Address Technical Debt, Bugs
- Mentoring Junior Engineers
- Implementing SecDevops best practices.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a motivated, experienced Engineer with:
- Bachelors in CS or relevant degree / industry experience
- 10+ years’ experience building consumer-facing products with large distributed system backend using .NET running in Linux environment.
- Expert is threading and memory management in building microservices.
- Expert in building resilient, scalable and secure software.
- Expert using and doing performance optimization of MongoDb.
- Expert in building a distributed, event-driven, cloud native environment either in Azure/AWS using Docker/Kubernetes
- Expert in Design First approach to software development.
- Expert Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with TDD achieving 80% plus code coverage on microservices.
- Experience working in an Agile/Devops environment
- Experience with Kafka and Kafka Streams preferred
- Experience with Event Sourcing preferred
- Experience with using Protobuf and gRPC preferred
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is on a mission to “Rebuild healthcare as it should be'', providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare, with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our patient’s communities, and focused on the quality of care over volume of services. We’re an organization on the move! With over 150 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody “Oaky” values and passion for our mission.
Oak Street Health Benefits:
- Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably improving health outcomes for medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match options
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing education stipends
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.