OakWell Nurse Practitioner
OakWell provides high-quality primary care to patients living with end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). To ensure these patients receive quality primary care services, we provide comprehensive and integrated care right in the dialysis center. This allows patients to conveniently fit primary care into their existing healthcare schedule, keeping them healthy and living well. With an ambitious growth trajectory, OakWell is seeking and cultivating team members who are passionate about our goal of fully integrating primary and kidney care.
OakWell is powered by Oak Street Health, an innovative company delivering higher quality health and wellness care for adults on Medicare, in partnership with Interwell Health, a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare.
OakWell Nurse Practitioners (NPs) lead our primary care teams, working closely with Community Health Workers and Scribes. Since our care teams deliver primary care in Fresenius dialysis centers, our NPs also work closely with dialysis nurses, patient care technicians, social workers, and nephrologists.
NPs see patients independently, provide longitudinal care, and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps our patient understand and feel connected to their care plan. Our NPs see their patients in the dialysis clinic approximately every other week; small panels of around 100 patients allow OakWell NPs to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, and better execute/coordinate care plans.
OakWell NPs typically work from a Fresenius dialysis clinic 4-5 days per week, with some Fridays spent working from home.
- Provision of exceptional primary care
- Office visits for routine and acute issues
- Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, agencies
- Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team
- Phone triage and outreach
- Patient education
- Oak Street Health promotional activities
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of Nurse Practitioner experience required
- APRN-RXN (Preferred)
- Nurse practitioners with experience in primary care: internal medicine, geriatrics, or family medicine, especially with patients who have multiple chronic health conditions
- A desire to provide comprehensive, holistic care to a small panel of complex patients in which quality, not RVUs, is the focus
- Openness to working in a dialysis center
- Experience with risk adjustments and/or home assessments
- Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-9) Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs)
- Active, non-probationary state license
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies our OakWell values
OakWell offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
OakWell and Oak Street Health are equal-opportunity employers. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.