Shift Supervisor – Water/Wastewater Operations
Shift Supervisor – Water/Wastewater Operations
Lehigh County Authority is seeking a Shift Supervisor to support the water/wastewater operations. The Shift Supervisor performs a variety of duties to assure the proper and efficient operations of the City’s water treatment facilities and wastewater treatment facilities. This role serves as the supervisory functional point of contact for emergencies during second and third shift operations for the water distribution system and sewage conveyance systems, in addition to the treatment plant facilities.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions.
- Generous paid vacation, excused absence, personal days, and holidays.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower).
What the Job Looks Like
Typically, this position will require 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off. Work times are generally evening and nighttime hours. Overtime will be available.
- Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens, and internal departments.
- Supervises and assigns work to treatment plant operators and other employees engaged in the operation and routine maintenance of treatment and disposal equipment and facilities for water and wastewater functional systems.
- Inspect operations; review recordings of operations and tests on various processes and recommends changes as necessary.
- Responsible for the operational activities at the water treatment plant and the wastewater treatment in the absence of the Assistant Plant Manager.
- Assists subordinates with their duties as required, trains subordinates.
- Maintains and orders an inventory of supplies and materials as required.
- Enforces safety rules, prepares and maintains necessary reports and records.
- Becomes an active member of the Chlorine Emergency Response Team.
- Performs other related work as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Science/Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience: 6 years of experience in wastewater treatment or water filtration operations required. 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Licensure: Valid driver’s license required; Water/Wastewater Systems Operators Certificates preferred (if hired, you will be required to obtain the appropriate operating licenses as soon as possible during employment).
- Skills: Excellent oral/written communication and Microsoft Office experience required; SharePoint, GIS, SCADA, CMMS preferred.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oi2oefwG&s=myHRpartner
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.