Assistant Teacher - PreK Counts Program
Assistant Teacher - Pre-K Counts Program
Here at The Learning Center at the Third Street Alliance for Women & Children, we believe in the power of communities; when people come together, we can change lives. As our community grows, we are seeking a dedicated & experienced Pre-K Counts Assistant Teacher to join our team in Easton, PA!
The Learning Center (TLC) holds a PA Keystone STAR Four rating – a true mark of distinction for childcare! We are located in the historic Simon Mansion and adjoining Bixler-Ward House, and in our creative & educational environment, we provide early childhood education with an individualized curriculum based on each child's needs and interests, allowing them to learn at their own pace in small groups.
If you are passionate about creating a nurturing environment for young minds to thrive, with an organization that is devoted to helping people – let's connect!
What you’ll do
As a Pre-K Counts Assistant Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in fostering a safe space where children can explore and learn literacy, science, math, art, computers, dramatic play, and other skills with hands-on activities. Day to day you’ll:
- Assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate creative curriculum
- Foster each child's self-confidence, learning, and growth
- Clean and disinfect classroom materials, classroom environment, and common areas
- Prepare meals and clean up
- Maintain appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of the children
- Foster positive relationships with children, parents, and staff members
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure a consistent and cohesive educational program
- Attend training sessions to stay current with best practices in early childhood education
What you need to thrive in this role
A deep understanding of child development, and the ability to work collaboratively with children, parents, and teacher assistants are essential for this role. Additional details include:
- Education/Certification: Child Development Associate (CDA) certification or a degree in Early Childhood Education is required
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of childcare experience in a classroom setting is required
- Skills required: A positive attitude, patience, compassion, and a genuine love for working with children are a must! As are: excellent communication skills with both children and adults, a commitment to creating a safe and inclusive learning environment, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs., climb and descend stairs, move and exercise with the children, stand for long periods, and pass a health screening
- Location: Our classrooms are located at 41 North 3rd Street in Easton, PA
- Schedule: We are open Monday-Friday (except holidays) from 6a-6p. Currently, we have hours available from 8:30a-5:30p or 9a-6p. Let’s talk about what work hours work best for you, and we will see if it might work with our team!
The Learning Center (TLC) at Third Street Alliance is not your typical learning center! Serving the greater Lehigh Valley for more than a century, Third Street Alliance for Women & Children is a multi-program human services agency that provides expanded supportive services in our shelter for women & children. The Learning Center at Third Street Alliance provides 21st-century S.T.E.A.M. programming for children from 6 weeks old up to age 13 in a creative and educational environment. Learn more about us here: https://thelearningcenterattsa.org/
What we offer you
We care about the well-being of our employees, and our benefits package illustrates in part, the level of commitment you’ll feel from us:
- Starting pay in the $16.00 - $18.00/hr. range depending on experience + bonus potential
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Time Off accrual that increases with tenure + paid holidays
- Company paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 403(b) plan for retirement
- Tuition reimbursement and parking assistance programs
- 75% discount on childcare enrollment fees and 50% discount on TSA programs!
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oRrFofw5&s=website
Is this the job for you? If not, feel free to share this link with someone who might be interested.
myHR Partner is our hiring management partner for this position. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter, and all resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Qualified candidates will be contacted by myHR Partner for a phone interview. After the phone interview, qualified candidates will be invited to an interview with The Learning Center at Third Street Alliance team.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!