Treatment Plant Operator - Night Shift
Are you seeking a stable job where you can make an impact in your local community and have opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career? If so – keep reading! Lehigh County Authority has a Night Shift Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator opportunity available with our team in Allentown, PA. In this role, you’ll help to assure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of LCA’s water production and filtration systems and wastewater treatment facilities.
What the Job Looks Like
Day to day you’ll focus on duties including:
- Operating equipment, machines, and technical testing devices used in the purification and filtration of water, and treatment of wastewater
- Reading test results, diagrams, gauges on electrical control boards, motors, pumps, meters, boilers, heaters, and sludge processing units
- Starting and stopping pumps, regulating valves, observing flow dials, reads gauges in order to assure proper operation of the system
- Collecting samples of the process stream at various stages through the plant(s) for laboratory testing and analysis
- Performs some analysis where required - add chemicals according to prescribed standards for proper treatment of the water/wastewater being processed
- Provide quality and effective customer service to customers, citizens, and internal departments
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers you and your eligible dependents with no employee contributions!
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life & disability insurance
- Flex Spending Plan and other voluntary coverages available
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Experience: Prior experience in water/wastewater is desired, however, we are willing to train motivated people looking for a career in water/wastewater
- Schedule: Night shift (6 pm-6 am), scheduling is 48 hours one week, and 36 hours the next, with rotational weekends and holidays
- Licensure: Valid driver’s license needed to operate company vehicles. Also must be willing to obtain Water/Wastewater certifications w/in 24 months of hire
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides. Check out our website to learn more about us and our team: https://www.lehighcountyauthority.org/jobs/
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ozfqkfwi&s=myHRpartner
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.