Utility Technician II - Water/Wastewater
If you are looking for a stable role where you can help make an impact in the Allentown, PA area, check out Lehigh County Authority! We are currently hiring Utility Technicians II for union roles - join our team and help us provide safe, reliable water & wastewater to the Lehigh Valley!
What the job looks like
Focusing on a variety of duties to maintain, construct, and repair water distribution, storm, and sanitary sewer lines, day to day you’ll:
- Operate a variety of vehicles including CDL and Non-CDL
- Use equipment such as air compressors, jackhammers, vac-all, small pumps, cement mixer, jet trucks, and vactor units
- Gain entrance to lines through manholes, and perform jetting and maintenance
- Assist construction crew with maintenance, replacement, and repair of the water and sewer infrastructure
- Assist in the installation and repair of valves, fire hydrants, manholes, sewer lines, corporation taps, and meters
- Use water and sewer line tracing equipment and software
- Performs snow removal, salting, and plowing in season
- Erects barricades and directs traffic flow around work area
- Perform cleaning and general maintenance of the building grounds and equipment
What you need to thrive:
- Licensure: A valid PA driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Must obtain a CDL-B w/in 90 days of hire, and a Class E water license w/in 18 months of hire
- Scheduling: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm or 7:00am-3:30pm. Utility Technicians must take 24/7 standby service for at least 2 wks/yr
- Skills: Must be safety focused, and able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Work Environment: Will be required to: work outside in all weather conditions, lift up to 50 lbs., stand for long periods, and work in stressful situations
About us and what we offer you:
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides. Want to learn more about LCA and our team? https://www.lehighcountyauthority.org/jobs/
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
- Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contributions!
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
How to apply:
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=orzOmfwU&s=website
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.