Human Resources Coordinator
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your HR Career? Lehigh County Authority is seeking an outgoing, energetic professional to join our team in the role of HR Coordinator. This position offers the ability to work closely with employees at all levels of the organization, develop your HR skills and cultivate an exciting Human Resources career with a growing organization.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for performing hands-on, day-to-day HR administrative functions related to benefits administration, compensation/performance management, disability management, labor, recruitment/employment, safety, training and development, record keeping and reporting.
About Us and What we Offer You:
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed.
LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks:
As an LCA employee you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA)
What the Job Looks Like:
As our HR Coordinator, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of Lehigh County Authority through the following core job responsibilities:
- Provide HR support to LCA employees by answering employee requests and questions on matters including but not limited to benefits, leaves of absence, job opportunities.
- Administer health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes, terminations. Process transactions through payroll and benefit consultant(s) to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Administer FMLA, STD, LTD, Worker’s Compensation and other types of leave programs.
- Assist with full cycle recruiting including posting positions, scheduling interviews, conducting background and reference checks and onboarding of new employees.
- Administer compensation programs including Union general and step increases. Assist in the administration of annual non-union merit increases and performance evaluations.
- Develop training resources and tracking programs.
- Maintain human resources information system records, organization charts and employee directories while ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Important Qualifications to your success:
- Education: Associate’s degree in Human Resources or similar discipline. SHRM-CP or HRCI certification preferred, or ability to obtain certification within 24 months of hire.
- Experience:1-3 years human resources experience strongly preferred. Working knowledge of human resources principals, practices and procedures required. Experience with union environments would be a plus.
- Computer Skills:Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a must; experience with SharePoint is preferred. Some HRIS or business systems experience would be ideal.
- Customer Service / Communication: Clear and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy are a must.
- Time Management:Exceptional time management skills; able to handle changing priorities and meet deadlines.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.