Lead Automation QA Engineer
Lead Automation QA Engineer
Logitech is the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. Our product design group strives at developing products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Focused on innovation and quality, we want to change the way people use our peripherals by offering more comfortable, fun, productive, convenient, delightful and seamless experience with the digital world!
A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Our Creativity Productivity and Gaming group is actively looking for a talented Lead Automation QA Engineer to work on our next generation software/firmware testing for productivity peripherals. You will be responsible for automating the overall testing system design and development efforts. You will be a critical member of a team that includes firmware, software, design validation and Marketing.
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Lead the architecture and implementation of automation frameworks that meet the high standards of technology best practices, quality, compliance, and reliability.
- Leverage your technical skills to design & implement automation testing infrastructure, establish formal frameworks, suites, standards and processes, ensure reporting, evaluate and develop new tools and processes to enable development of complex automation system test suites for our next generation software.
- Incorporate consistency, efficiency and re-usability of test components/scripts in your design
- Drive test automation goals, maintain and optimize test frameworks
- Monitor quality trends, measure automation effectiveness, review process for improvements
- Work in close collaboration with Software Development and DevOps teams to build test automation into continuous integration pipelines
- Execute Front-End tests, regression tests, API tests, exploratory tests, and end-to-end workflow tests, performance and reliability tests and all other applicable tests.
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Define, develop and enforce automation testing standards and best practices
- Periodically report testing and automation impact, value, and improvement to stakeholders
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- A minimum of 6 + years of experience in an Automation role with a total of 10+ years of experience in Software Testing
- Extensive knowledge on Python, Robot Framework/Selenium/Chromedriver and/or other scripting languages to support and create automation and unit tests.
- Knowledge on Java/C/C++ development would be advantage
- Performing Automated API testing on component level
- Development experience in building test frameworks for automating the testing of platform components from functionality, stress, scalability, and performance standpoints
- Experience with web services with HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON
- Testing focusing towards achieving 75%+ code coverage using tools and scripting languages
- Comfortable with build processes, CI processes and managing QA Environments as well as working with tools like Git, Jira and Zephyr
- Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
- Preferable skills:
- Experience with cross platform development (Windows/Mac)
- Experience with testing on virtual machines (Virtual Box)
- Experience with build process and tools (CMake)
- Knowledge on HID devices
- B.E/M.E in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713-4866 for assistance.