Senior Automation QA Engineer
Senior Automation QA Engineer
Logitech is the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. Our product design group strives at developing products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Focused on innovation and quality, we want to change the way people use our peripherals by offering more comfortable, fun, productive, convenient, delightful and seamless experience with the digital world!
A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Our Creativity Productivity and Gaming group is actively looking for a talented Sr.Automation Engineer to work on our next generation software/firmware testing for productivity peripherals. You will be responsible for automating the overall testing system design and development efforts. You will be a critical member of a team that includes firmware, software, design validation and Marketing.
Who you are:
- You have practical knowledge and demonstrable success with using and providing improvement feedback on existing software/firmware/hardware test infrastructures.
- You enjoy working with early release products and influencing the quality verification
- You are able with limited supervision able to create test cases, enhance test cases, automate, and execute the test scripts based on the need
- You possess the insights to analyze test results and distinguish between Hardware failures, Software failures, problems coming from the Host, or from the network environment.
- You are able to set up test systems to support various desktop applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- You are passionate about elevating your peers’ knowledge and understanding of software/firmware testing through mentorship and regular knowledge sharing sessions.
- You are a team-first type of colleague.
- You do not shy away from automating your test cases by leveraging Python, Java or other applicable coding/scripting language.
- Lead efforts in the development of test automation capability strategy
- Leverage your technical skills to design & implement automation testing infrastructure, establish formal frameworks, suites, standards and processes, ensure reporting, evaluate and develop new tools and processes to enable development of complex automation system test suites for our next generation software.
- Incorporate consistency, efficiency and re-usability of test components/scripts in your design
- Execute Front-End tests, regression tests, API tests, exploratory tests, and end-to-end workflow tests, performance and reliability tests and all other applicable tests.
- Collaborate with Product owners, customer support, architects, software and firmware engineers to understand technical system requirements, business use cases, customer issues and application performance considerations to improve test effectiveness and close the gaps in our testing.
- Be comfortable interacting and working directly with SW Development, FW Development, Program Management, to get the necessary support regarding key deliverables and interacting with them in an effort to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Define, develop and enforce automation testing standards and best practices
- Periodically report testing and automation impact, value, and improvement to stakeholders
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- A minimum of 5 + years of experience in an Automation role.
- Extensive knowledge on Python,Robot Framework/Selenium/Chromedriver and/or other scripting languages to support and create automation and unit tests.
- Knowledge on C/C++ development is a must.
- Performing Automated API testing on component level
- Development experience in building test frameworks for automating the testing of platform components from functionality, stress, scalability, and performance standpoints
- Solid exposure to performance, scalability and load testing using tools like JMeter
- Experience with web services with HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON
- Testing focusing towards achieving 75%+ code coverage using tools and scripting languages
- Comfortable with build processes, CI processes and managing QA Environments as well as working with tools like Git, Jira and Zephyr
- Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
- Preferable skills:
- Experience with cross platform development (Windows/Mac)
- Experience with testing on virtual machines (Virtual Box)
- Experience with build process and tools (CMake)
- Knowledge on HID devices
- B.E/M.E in Computer Science, Electronics,Electrical Engineering or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713-4866 for assistance.