Pilgrim's is seeking a Senior Learning & Development Manager to lead a Learning & Development team focused on front-line leadership training. This individual will also implement leadership workshop content to mid-level managers using adult learning principles in a manner that is both engaging and effective. They will impart skills and knowledge across all lines of business as prescribed by the approved curriculums and will proactively identify learning gaps or opportunities in business areas and propose learning and development plans accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Learning & Development facilitators in the WEST region
- Perform regular evaluation of facilitation standards; mentor L&D Managers based on evaluations performed.
- Identify the educational needs of others and provide recommendations on development opportunities based on need.
- Facilitate regional leadership training for the mid-level managers.
- Provide information to individuals throughout the organization by telephone, in written form, e-mail, and in person.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with management.
- Partner with the operations team to provide ongoing training and development.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and professional development classes.
- Provide training using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, virtual classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs.
- Assists with production (including printing and assembly) and distribution of training materials and managing inventory of those materials.
- Assist with training strategy development of the company wide programs and projects for successful implementation of large complex learning and development initiatives.
- Monitor and manager L&D budget for West region.
- Provide relevant feedback to the instructional design team to help improve current training programs and develop new ones.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Travel approximately 50%-75% of the time
- 3 to 5 years of management, facilitation and/or HR experience desired
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Training experience required
- Manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of adult learning, instructional systems, and change management required.