QA TECHNICIAN I
Job Title: 2nd Shift QA Technician
Location: Elkhart, IN
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think big, dream big and work to make big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Our Company is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge, human resources and business analytics expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management. They will also be responsible for driving the Performance Management process through KPI cascading and HR Data Analytic management. This position reports directly to the Head of Human Resources and is a key player in supporting Plumrose succession planning and organizational development.
- Examine and test product for handling, temperatures, and proper packing; notify necessary personnel of variations or defects
- Conduct physical observation of various products and areas for foreign materials, grease, improper cuts, abscesses, packaging errors/problems, and any other inappropriate substance or errors in product using established standards
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production; and that employees are performing required duties in a clean and safe manner
- Complete necessary reports concerning condition and quality of products, packaging, and facilities
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience and technical knowledge in a variety of production jobs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to speak multiple languages extremely beneficial
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.