NURSE - RN/LPN
All Shift available RN / LPN
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN / LPN is responsible for direct care of employees of JBS under the direct supervision of the Occupational Health Manager.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At JBS, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- RN/LPN-Provide direct care for employees of the Complex according to medical directive and within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide compassionate, quality care to the employees.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc.
- Notify Occupational Health Manager of any pertinent physical and/or emotional changes in symptoms presented by employees
- Adhere to health management protocols as directed
- Participate in health and safety teaching of employees.
- Assist with transportation of employees in emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with workers to establish confidence and cooperation in health care provided
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local health care providers, and third part administrator (TPA).
- Include health and safety education in all areas of worker involvement.
- Frequently visit process lines and areas of the facility to observe employees for ergonomically correct working positions and potential hazardous conditions.
- Assist managers and supervisors in identifying appropriate alternate or transitional duty job tasks, which meet employees’ abilities and medical restrictions
- Observe daily employees on alternate or transitional duty at their work stations while doing their restricted job tasks.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of poultry industry technology in relationship to health and safety.
- Conduct all functions within scope of quality care and utilization of cost containment measure
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping according to OSHA regulations and Pilgrim's policies.
- Provide appropriate documentation of all care provided in a manner that meets legal requirements and provides continuity of care and confidentiality.
- Comply with all requirements of Bloodborne Pathogen standard and company policy.
- Promote the development of an appropriate image of the company's commitment for the protection of worker health.
- Conduct any additional work task assignments in a professional and effective manner.
- Conduct all assigned job tasks within legal, ethical and moral standards of care.
- Adhere to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of employees health information.
- Other duties as required by management and supervision.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- RN-Graduate of a school of nursing accredited by the State Board of Nurse Examiners or an LPN-Graduate of a state approved practical nursing program, required
- Current license, certification, or completion of program required to practice as Occupational Health Professional
- Experience in practice following graduation, certification or program for a minimum period of one year
- Ability for effective written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Completed a Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Course (CPR) within the previous year
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Physical Qualifications: Ability to walk through complex including any areas accessible by stairways. Ability to perform CPR including turning victim to appropriate position, kneeling on knees, giving respirations with protection shield or squeezing Ambu Bag, providing chest compressions as required for size of victim. Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Ability to assist injured Partner into wheelchair or onto stretcher. Ability for fine manipulation of hands and fingers. Visual and hearing acuity.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.