LOGISTICS ANALYST II
Job Title: Logistics/Transportation Analyst II
Location: Tupelo, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
The Logistics/Transportation Manager is responsible for maintaining logistics/transportation database of information, interpret data, provide ongoing analyses in areas such as, distribution recommendations, and transportation cost. Prepare reports on logistics & transportation performances measures. Develop, and maintain financial reporting, and cost estimating. Apply analytic methods to understand, control, and predict cost.
- Collection of data, and maintaining database.
- Ensure reliability. Integrity, and accuracy of data,
- Evaluate Data, provide regular reports, to support performance measurements, budget goals, and business targets.
- Create statistical, and financial models, to review opportunities for cost savings, and efficiencies within warehousing, distribution, and transportation.
- Use data, to work in a team environment to develop best practices, and drive the results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to undertake complex analysis to create information and to interpret data, and trends.
- Advanced Excel user, with the ability to analyze, manipulate data in Excel, and provide reports, and charting.
- Effective communicator
- Strong organizational skills
- Work with Logistics team, finance, and other appropriate staff to resolve issues, and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Prefer Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Business Logistics).
- Prefer 2 – 3 Years of related experience logistics roles.
- Problem solving skills
- Distribution skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Drive for Results
- Leadership ability
- Project management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Complex, Fast Paced and Structured
- Professional Office Environment
- Use of Standard Office Equipment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.