TANNERY ENVIRONMENTAL OPERATOR D CREW (FRIDAY-MONDAY NIGHTS)
- Operate safely and efficiency the Chrome Recovery area of the Tannery.
- Wastewater from the leather tanning process is routed to the department, where it is responsible for pumping the water into the correct tanks.
- This water is then treated by addition of chemicals and then pumped out of the area for disposal.
- Responsible for operating and troubleshooting of pumps associated with the chrome recovery operation.
- Responsible for managing the chrome dumpster area and the disposal of extra solid chrome.
- Responsible for preventing cross-contamination of other areas with chrome.
- Some mechanical knowledge is necessary for troubleshooting simple problems.
- Ability to multitask is a must.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Good note taking and some math ability.
- This position has minimal supervision, so the operator must be disciplined to stay on task to meet performance requirements.