PRODUCTION GENERALIST - DAYS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Production Team as a Production Generalist! This position starts at $19.86/hour plus we are offering a $2000 Hiring Bonus!
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of production-centered tasks to support the production of value-added poultry products. This position is intended to increase skills in preparation for advancement into posted positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Learn and train to back up duties for Operators, Marinator (04), Process Control Worker, Data Den Analyst, and Covering Breaks.
- Fill in and cover duties for Operators, Marinator (04), Infinity, Data Den, and Covering Breaks when people are absent or on PTO.
- Participate in job correlations/audits and SOP reviews and revisions.
- Communicate real time results to processing support on the floor.
- Through communication with Process Control and Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed
- May be asked to rotate to positions that require data collecting and recordkeeping
- Rotation between tasks and departments may be required.
- Other duties include the following:
- Follows all work safety policies/guidelines.
- Processes product using tools and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s product standards and procedures.
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Processes product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
- High School or GED is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 6 months’ work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to become authorized in LOTO, pallet jack, and become a certified trainer
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Basic data entry skills preferred
- Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities such as acting independently, correct processes that have fallen out of control, problem solving issues, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.