2024 Quality Assurance Summer Internship Program
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity
Purpose/General Summary: During this 10-week summer internship, you will use your unique perspective and knowledge to help us find operational gaps and improve process efficiency in a way that makes a genuine mark on our business. Here at JBS Foods, we are genuinely interested in growing you as a professional and identifying a potential career path that matches your interests. Start your career today and find out where you fit into the global food supply chain and the mission to feed the world.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of GMP, SSOP and HACCP protocols.
- Learn the working knowledge of food safety and quality assurance testing procedures.
- Sit in on food safety team and USDA meetings.
- Familiarize yourself with customer relations and complaint procedures.
- Work/shadow alongside the quality assurance team to develop and understanding of how all the roles serve the facility.
- Get a high level understanding of claims and specifications.
- Complete and present a project related to issues within the QA department
- Projects will be determined alongside our FSQA and Operations teams, as well as the mentor assigned to the intern
What to expect:
- A chance to connect with and learn from our company’s executive leadership team throughout the course of your internship program
- Exposure to multiple areas of the business to give you a well-rounded understanding of the overall production process
- A mentor who’s invested in your success, and will provide feedback and coaching
- The chance to prove yourself in a highly rewarding industry
- A multicultural work environment that stands on its values and puts its people first
- The opportunity to develop your technical and business knowledge alongside industry experts
- Regular leadership training sessions with our world-class leadership development instructors
- Projects driven by business objectives with real-world implications
- Potential for accelerated growth within our company by providing early access to career development programs
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation:
- $21/hour with $2,500 relocation stipend
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.