PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR LIVE HANG 3rd SHIFT
Coordinates and directs the activities of live bird processing to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality. Inspects product to verify production specifications are met. Trains and supervises processing personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of processing operations and personnel to meet established processing, quality control and animal welfare standards.
- Ensures activities meet short-term goals established for processing continuity and balance such as creating shift schedules, ordering materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Works with other plant function areas as needed to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Schedules, trains, and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels. Interviews and recommends individuals for open positions.
- Recommends improvements in processing flow or methods.
- Uses operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Notifies management personnel of machines and/or equipment that could be modified to improve processing and quality of products.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience in a supervisory position. Bilingual a plus.
High School Diploma/GED; Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.