LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - Lab
Under general supervision performs a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative chemical analytical tests, performing routine calculations and determinations on tests, and evaluating physical characteristics. Uses standard laboratory glassware and equipment or one or two complex pieces of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
• Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
• Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Analyzes samples. Performs laboratory tests according to prescribed standards. Tests for nutritional properties of feed and ingredients and pesticides.
- Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results.
• Cleans laboratory equipment.
• Calibrates laboratory instruments.
• Assists with the preparation of chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Safe chemical handling
- Move chemicals and transport them to outside chemical storage building
- Sample preparation involving grinding of sample
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.