DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Director of Maintenance
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
- Project management: Sets project goals and direction. Develops capital project budgets. Ensures project compliance with Company strategic plan.
- Management/Supervision: Provides manpower, capacity, and resource planning. Directly or indirectly supervises technical personnel, including Company development technologists and engineers, engineering technicians, machinists, laboratory and intermediate supervisory staff
- Product and Process Development: Provides general oversight for execution and completion of comprehensive design verification and process validation protocols
- GMP/ISO/MDD: Interprets GMP, MDD, and ISO regulations into Company and product specific practices
- Technical Documentation/Communication/Processes: Ensures product, process, and project documentation is complete, accurate, and sufficient to allow development and production team members to understand critical requirements. Assembles technology transfer documentation. Provides development engineering input to cross-functional product development teams
- Safety: Implements and enforces Company safety policy
- Training: Ensures adequate staff training and documentation thereof, in line with Company policies
- Quality System Compliance: Ensures that the requirements of the Quality System, The Medical Device Directive (EU), the Quality System Regulation (US FDA), and other relevant standards are fulfilled by the Company’s development engineering group
- Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering discipline. Prefer Master’s degree in related engineering disciple or professional engineering registration
- 8-10 years engineering/maintenance experience in the poultry processing and/or food manufacturing, machinery fabrication industry, with 5 years at management level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong time management and organizational skill
- Ability to multitask
- MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL!