ASSISTANT TRAFFIC MANAGER
DATE:January 22, 2020
POSITION:Assistant Traffic Manager
Purpose & Scope: Monitor delivery of product, confirm deliveries, evaluate performance and keep record of carriers, communicate with carriers concerning status of trucks, develop and maintain reports. Print and organize orders daily, collaborate with distribution center and other duties as needed.
- KPI Management: Responsible to oversee department targets and controls. Monitor shift operations and productivity. Maximize the efficiency of the department and ensure Daily Production plan targets available for the Operations team in time for an effective shift start.
- To ensure effective communications at all levels and complete all necessary administrative work. Actively resolve problems that team members raise to you. Provide positive feedback and constructive criticism to help build their confidence and to develop their skills. Responsible for coaching and discipline of team members.
- Food Safety: Ensure compliance with Technical and Quality standards as identified on Product Specifications, to isolate and address any non-conformance’s and monitor measures designed to maintain and improve standards within the Department.
• Production and maintenance settings
• Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
• Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
• High School degree or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
- Experience: Proven previous experience with transportation and scheduling.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English
• Excellent conflict resolution skills
• Computer knowledge required
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work 50+ hours
• Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures and equipment. Experience managing in a chilled food manufacturing business preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of continuous improvement production techniques and use the tools to deliver improved performance.
- Must have a demonstrable record of delivery through being a team player.
Comments: The schedule for this position is typically Mon - Sat. Weekend work required as scheduled. During Fall Season, Saturdays are typically scheduled.
This position is best suited for a person wishing to advance their career.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP