- Supervises workers engaged in major painting projects, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, and maintaining and repairing building utility systems such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems.
- Supervises workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment. Supervises employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities.
- Utilizes working knowledge of electrical systems, both control and industrial wiring, pip fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls and instrumentation to maintain plant equipment at optimal level. Utilizes knowledge of automatic equipment operation, to include setup, repair and tear down, to maintain plant equipment at optimal levels. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Prepares work schedules. Makes work assignments to subordinates.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Works on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities and the alteration or modification of existing ones.
- Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets organization standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Administers training programs to ensure proper operations, preventive maintenance, and repair programs and procedures.
- May direct workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, and snow removal. May supervise custodial services.
- Must have 4 years experience in poultry maintenance / food manufacturing experience.
- Must have experience with processing equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of refrigeration.
- Must have working knowledge of PLC's.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical systems, both control and industrial wiring.
- Must be proficient in the following areas: Pipe fitting/Plumbing, Welding, Shop Machinery, Sheet metal, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical Controls & instrumentation, Automatic Equipment Operation (setup, repair, and tear down).
- Must be capable of becoming Haz-Mat team qualified.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.