EssenceMediacom | Associate Business Director - DigitalApply Now
Overview of job
EssenceMediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Associate Business Director - Digital to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing a highly valued perspective to the client based on a deep understanding of their business. Client Leaders will be tasked with enabling clients to understand EssenceMediacom’s insights and perspectives using jargon free language. Client Leaders sets the vision and working plan for the whole team and develops and cultivates relationships at the senior level within the client organization on a major account or several key accounts. They have ultimate accountability for ensuring EssenceMediacom's and Client’s strategy delivers on the set business objectives and KPIs and for delivering client satisfaction.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Senior Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Client that likes to be hands on and wants to learn more
- Have fun while working
- Be part of a team that works and plays together
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Build a rapport with the immediate team
- Establish relationships with media vendors
- Ensures all processes employed by the team are compliant
- Monthly meetings to be run and executed by you
- Has made or developed any changes that will impact any buying performance to the clients.
- Clear and concise communication skills – written and verbal
- Having started to develop skills for the next level
- Understand and developing negotiations on behalf of the client.
- Demonstrates selling skills with the ability to sell in media plans / additional internal initiatives to clients
- Getting close enough to the client to help identify an opportunity to maximize/improve their digital media investments.
- Entrenching senior client relationships that position EssenceMediacom as a principle digital business partner of the client/s.
- Overall strategic approach on the account/s designed and delivered to meet Client’s digital business objectives and strategies.
- Supporting GM in promoting Exchanges philosophy to client, identifying and managing opportunities and achieving buy-in from the decision makers.
- Developing the scope of work with knowledge of the financial implications and budget requirements to provide required levels of digital service, negotiating terms of business to optimize account profitability and achieving sign-off from the client for the fee negotiation.
- Co-ordinates appropriate resources from across the organization, including the global network and EM, to meet client objectives within deadline.
- Managing the P&L including delivery of agreed budget on the digital account/s
- Supporting the heads on managing, advising and educating the client on EssenceMediacom's fee structure when projects have been identified outside the agreed scope of work.
- Annual staffing plan based on job requirements, past performance, and future contingencies; reviewing the resource allocation throughout the year on a quarterly basis.
- Selling digital solutions and the expertise of the team as opposed to the individual.
- Setting KPIs and managing quality of output in front of the client.
- Cultivating opportunities for additional business opportunities securing additional profitable revenue to the benefit of the client and EM.
- Ensure that the GM/MD is fully informed of any issues or developments that impact on agency performance and profitability.
- Working with Digital Business Planning to analyze the market situation of the client’s brands & products and translating in a way that the client’s understand.
- Support when necessary to ensure alignment of all inputs from Groups/Specialists and making a decision with the client
- Leadership of all key stakeholder relationships including media, creative /advertising agencies, client and other marketing partners to ensure alignment of digital media objectives and strategies
- Collaboration with Specialist Group Partners to identify the best and most appropriate talent for assignments.
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands.
- Must have strong organizational and numeracy skills.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, formally & informally.
- 7 + years’ experience in Digital Media Planning & leading of teams in relevant field.
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships.
- Master’s degree in marketing/media sciences or equivalent from a reputable business school.
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people.
EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. We see major growth coming on Digital platforms with internet penetration growing to 87 million broadband users and 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where Facebook stands at 34 million subscribers and Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become the second most penetrated social platform. While the digitalization of the market is happening at a fast pace, it has also opened up opportunities for specializations like e-commerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. GroupM Pakistan is a closely knit community where we value differences in opinions and thrive amidst this growth. Be a part of our dynamic team now!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
EssenceMediacom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Associate Business Director - Digital to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing a highly valued perspective to the client based on a deep understanding of their business.