EssenceMediaCom | Media Planning DirectorApply Now
Media Futures Group (MFG) is a part of EssenceMediacom, the largest agency within GroupM with 10,000 employees in 125 offices, handling close to $25bn in billings. The merger brings together the data and performance driven digital DNA of Essence with the multi-channel might of Mediacom, and MFG is its Google-focused unit, while EM clients include Coke, Airbnb, Mars, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and Financial Times.
- Oversight of all deliverables produced by pod/market, either by direct or delegated means Direct responsibility for the performance of assigned media dollars against their intended outcome, across both brand and DR objectives
- Responsible for expressing the rationale behind media investment decisions and evidencing the performance versus expected outcomes
- Responsible for quality of Planning Milestone Meetings ( strategic/tactical presentations, post campaign analysis), playing a key role for priority campaigns
- Point of escalation for team issues (within and outside of team)
- Process /workflow enhancement, growing Essence’s capability, increasing work quality, making us more efficient, or increasing Essential satisfaction
- Responsible for setting quality standard for 1(+) planning deliverables and improving them via team/client feedback and incorporation of evolving external context
- Support new business pitches with leadership by developing plan/presentation
- Assist with new client onboarding and play a large supporting role for Client Services in ensuring the success of the new client
- Thought leadership expressed as press quotes, published articles, and POVs
- Accountable for external recognition and awards submissions, at least 1 per quarter
- Manage 2-4 direct media planning reports to support career growth/development
- Partnering with Client Service to balance capacity and profitability
A bit about yourself:
- At least 8-10 years of working experience with B2B and SMB exposure
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the Digital Media or Advertising field
- Ability to forecast outcomes of brand/DR campaigns and manage spend
- Experience with Media Research Tools (Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov)
- Strong English and Japanese written and verbal communication skills across all platforms
- Solid grasp of digital marketing, especially a deep knowledge of digital media
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines and project manage multiple campaigns
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
GroupM’s newest and largest agency – delivers marketing breakthroughs for their clients. Disrupting the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics, the agency has been built to find new opportunities for brands and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Composed of 10,000 people across 120 offices globally EssenceMediacom combines Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
The agency includes an enviable global client roster, which includes adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, NBCUniversal, PlayStation, Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber, and will be responsible for more than $21bn in global media billings.
EssenceMediacom Creative Futures works at the intersection of data and technology, media and creative to drive relevance from brands. Not disruptive or annoying, we strive to reshape how brands connect with consumers by creating advertising that is relevant and useful to the end user. Our data-driven and insight-led approach truly delivers on the promise of 'right moment, right message’.
Visit essencemediacom.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
Japan is both the world’s third-largest media market and third-largest e-commerce market. As one of the first markets to develop a full mobile e-commerce ecosystem circa 2001 to 2002, Japanese digital consumers are experienced and discerning; digital marketing campaigns are sophisticated, multi-layered labor of love. While growth is lower in this mature market, e-commerce is projected to increase by 12% in 2016, 11% in 2017 – emerging technologies are driving substantial growth. Programmatic spend across all devices has seen a 156% increase between 2012 and now, with mobile Programmatic spend expected to grow 174% between now and 2017. If you want to excel in a mature, refined media advertising atmosphere and reach savvy consumers with equally-savvy media plans, Japan is the place to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.