EssenceMediacom | Social ManagerApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics, and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
This Social Manager opportunity would suit an analytical and social-first problem solver who can lead by example to deliver breakthrough work for our social and content clients, specifically across influencer/creator campaigns. A strong team player, you’ll be able to collaborate across our award-winning social and influencer team of 10 (feeding into a larger Creative Futures team of 50 people) to drive diverse and creative thinking that elevates our day-to-day work.
With experience across social marketing (social listening, community management, social content strategy, content production, paid media amplification and reporting) and influencer marketing (talent outreach, content ideation, campaign planning and comms management), you’ll play a pivotal role in developing social and influencer/creator content that stops audiences as they scroll. Under the mentorship of a Social Directors and a Social Lead, you’ll be equally excited to develop your client-facing skills and grow as part of a large agency environment.
What will make you succeed
- Work collaboratively with the wider social and influencer team, acting as an advocate for social- first opportunities across our client portfolio.
- Contribute to the ideation, planning and execution of social and influencer campaigns
- Communicate clearly with all stakeholders, including your direct team and wider business
- Build relationships and maintain transparent communications with internal stakeholders, including Client Services, Partnerships and Creative.
- Act as the day-to-day client contact for social media and influencer campaigns
- Build relationships and maintain transparent communications with your key clients, including managing weekly and monthly WIPs as required.
- Utilise communications from key platform partners (Meta, TikTok, etc) to help educate clients and elevate the work we do for them.
- Work collaboratively with our Client Service team to maintain high levels of service for clients.
- Assist Social Directors with new business opportunities and social-related pitches.
- Manage and implement budgets for campaigns as well as within platforms including Ads Manager within Meta, TikTok and Pinterest.
- Maintain effective workflows to support commercial growth and effectiveness.
- Assist in the creation of scope of work documents and client invoices as required.
- Champion and deliver gold-standard social and influencer campaigns on behalf of our clients
- Work with Social Directors to utilise relevant tools as part of your day-to-day workflow
- Manage effective workflows across influencer and social content production including post campaign reporting.
- Able to present your work to clients, applying a social and content lens to storytelling and strategy.
- Advocate for the latest social trends and tools to improve our work
- The day-to-day output and management of internal/external deliverables
- Ensure timelines are met and clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Maintain efficiencies across social and influencer campaigns
- At least 3 years' experience as a Social Media Manager at a social or creative agency, or in-house at a brand or publisher.
- Knowledge of the Australian influencer/creator industry and the leading social platforms (Meta, TikTok, Pinterest and Snapchat)
- Experience working with talent (from briefing to managing content deliverables) across the campaign process
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Meta & TikTok Ads Manager
- Experience using social listening and scheduling tools, such as Sprout, Sprinklr and Brandwatch.
- Great communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to add a social-first lens to insights and data.
- A genuine excitement for social media and the influencer/creator landscape.
- An organised and detailed individual with proven time management skills.
- An empathetic team player, who’s curious to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Wider knowledge of planning, creating or managing content across YouTube or Twitch would be a bonus.
- Hands-on experience editing and creating content within platforms and/or Adobe Suite, as well as within design platforms like Canva and Figma would be a bonus.
- Experience and enthusiasm for managing junior team members is beneficial
What we can offer you
- Our ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- Learning and Development Academy
- WPP Global Employee Discounts
- Reconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- Industry leading parental leave
- Birthday leave, Summer and Breakthrough days
- Culture initiatives across the year
- DE&I program
Apply now and send your CV via the link!