EssenceMediacom | Group Head - StrategyApply Now
Overview of the role
EssenceMediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for Group Head - Strategy to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the media mandates for some of the key clients for EssenceMediaCom . Your understanding of inclination towards software’s for media planning & business reconciliation will be added advantage on as you’ll be leading an integrated team.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- You would be working in one of the most exiting agencies and lead a team of energetic and dynamic individuals.
- Scope to work on various target segments.
- Systematized working process & Vertical Learning Curve
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- You would be expected to have full understanding on your portfolio of brand/s
- Understand the different stakeholders within agency and start building relationship with them.
- Helping your team to craft the agency response to the client briefs.
In six months:
- Ability to lead strategic & executional discussions with clients.
- You should be able to have full understanding of what is happening on your clients & lead your team in that aspect.
- Be visible as the leader of your team within the agency as well as with clients
- Start interacting with our regional agency teams on client where applicable.
In 12 months:
- Lead the annual planning process for our clients.
- Be the seamless bridge between local clients & regional/global agency team.
- Converse on measurement metrics across touchpoint based on campaign objectives
- Win awards in both internal and external forums like FOM, Cannes, Smarties, RAMAI, etc.
- Ability to start driving agency KPIs; balanced with client KPIs.
What your day job looks like at EssenceMediaCom:
- Based on the client’s strategy, suggest options on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns
- Initiate and drive quality analysis and cross-category case studies.
- Leveraging all GroupM learning and capabilities to deliver integrated solutions to clients.
- Good Business Acumen
- Responsible for ensuring revenue targets.
- Team management from a development and delivering on client objectives.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a similar set up.
- Ability to lead the team with full authority. Also, being able to motivate the team & take them along during times of high media activity.
- Being able to overcome the typical media agency pitfalls – build relationship with team members across the planning, buying, operations & the finance/billing teams.
- Being process driven
- Having a good relationship with media partners
- Ability to have a business acumen along with being a fundamentally strong media professional.
- Business Acumen with the ability to understand 360* degree mediums.
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
2020 brought opportunities for brands to innovate because of which we saw an evolving media stack. The growth of digital is set to soar high because of changing consumer habits. With approximately 500 million smartphone users, low-priced data plans, 45 to 50 million e-commerce shoppers, approximately 60 OTT offerings and a young population, India is a mobile-first internet market. It is also one of the top 10 ad spend markets in the world and is set to climb the ranks. Global big tech corporations have made considerable investments in top e-commerce/retail ventures and Indian start-ups, blurring the lines between social media, e-commerce and mobile payments, resulting in disruption on an unimaginable scale.
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.