EssenceMediacom | Head of PlanningApply Now
Hello. We are EssenceMediacom. GroupM’s newest and largest agency, committed to delivering marketing breakthroughs for brands. We have disrupted the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics to find new opportunities for advertisers and deliver truly integrated media solutions. Born out of two pioneering agencies, EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
About the role
Job title: Melbourne Head of Planning
Reporting to: The National Head of Planning (+ Melbourne MD in the Melbourne Senior Leadership Team)
Location: Melbourne (ideally)
In your role as Melbourne Head of Planning, you are the story teller, the person that connects all the dots, defines the idea, and the systems architect. Working closely with our strategy, implementation, account service, Media solutions and investment teams teams, will lead the planning teams to deliver planning excellence across all their client’s objectives.
You will be part of the Melbourne Senior Leadership team, and responsible for planning output of key clients with the Melbourne office.
We are now one of the largest agencies in Australia with an enviable client roster, which includes CBA, adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, PlayStation, The Coca-Cola Company, Myer and Uber.
The National Head of Planning is one of the most important roles in the agency. The role will lead a team of approx. 6 planners in the Melbourne market who work in partnership with our 3 person strong strategy team, and our team of analysts.
You will be responsible for elevating the planning product and the output of our amazing channel planners, delivering channel/audience thinking that delivers on the strategies that we develop for our enviable client base.
Data is the driver. Our focus sits firmly within evidence based planning that translates to real business outcomes. A sound theoretical understanding of established marketing dogma, such as the EBI’s Laws of Growth, Sufficiency, Portfolio allocation, media allocation, optimization, ROIs, response curves, hero-halo effect etc is paramount. However, we also have a big innovation /creativity agenda so the NHOP will, ideally be part left brain and part right brain.
What will make you stand out
- · Establish mastery of planning craft across paid, owned and earned channels.
- · Really enjoys working with data – being able to pull actionable insights from a client’s data set translating this into planning lead implications/optimisations.
- · In-depth understanding of the latest research on media effectiveness and how media drives growth
- · Experience in audience and signal planning understanding how to build audiences and translate them into segments we can buy and activate against
- · Competency working across planning tools from audience planning, allocation and optimisation
- · Ability to work with implementation teams to translate the strategy into actionable plans for brands
- · Builds key relationships with key client stake holders in marketing, planning and strategy
- · Works with client teams to share thought leadership on media planning effectiveness either pro-actively or in key stakeholder meetings
More about You
- · Broad, deep, and current knowledge of marketing, business strategy, and digital technology: 10+ years of relevant industry or professional services experience required
- · The ability to work with data to develop insights and recommendations for clients
- · A collaborative attitude and approach to solving problems
- · Team leadership experience.
What we can offer you
- oOur ‘Strive’ flexible working policy
- oLearning and Development Academy
- oWPP Global Employee Discounts
- oReconnect Program (work in our offices overseas)
- oIndustry leading parental leave
- oBirthday leave, Summer days, Culture initiatives across the year
- oDE&I program
Apply now and send your CV via the link!